Rocky. Do you need a little pick-me-up?

Rocky. Do you need a little pick-me-up?

Fifteen or so minutes tardy, the lovely Winter Garden Theatre staff handed me my… tickets.  I was confused to see that I had two tickets awaiting me, because I would sitting this musical alone. After being ushered (and inevitably shoving a few senior citizens on my way, oops) to my seat, I became slightly bothered that I seemed to be the only person with an empty seat next to them. Disappointing thoughts of who was supposed to be by my side throughout the show started to cloud my mind, until the old man next to me looked at me, smiling, and asked me “A little late now, aren’t you?” Hearing the happiness in his tone of voice helped me to realize that in every direction I looked, every person in the audience was genuinely happy to be there.

I began to wonder what it was about this production that had everybody else so ecstatic.  Focusing now on the show rather than who was supposed to be at the show with me, I began to enjoy things. The music added an-almost-corny aspect to this classic boxing story. With help of the audience’s energy and the great set and scene transitions, I found myself getting more wrapped up in the show by the minute. Although intermission was lonely and reminded me of my partner’s absence, I continued to lose myself in ROCKY as soon as the production picked back up.

Towards the end of the play, the audience members seated towards the front became part of the show as the stage itself moved forward and evolved into a live, life-sized boxing ring. Half of the now-immersed crowd was rooting for Rocky and the other half for his opponent, Apollo Creed. Not being a part of the members seated atop the stage for all to see, I just applauded and rooted for both. Having never seen the classic Rocky films, I had no idea who was going to win the fight or how this match would go. After it had ended, I was so thoroughly entertained and satisfied that I was able to accept the music score past its cheesiness and even left with a skip in my step.

$35 #LotteryRush

GO AND SEE Rocky
Winder Garden Theatre

52 comments

• I like the acting of the rocky girlfriend.I like her because she leave her home for rocky.She fight with her brother for rocky.I also like her brother acting because he act like a real drinkar.He fight he broke the crismis tree.I like the dance of that champion or also his songs.

• I was like the person are realistic to precent their project and I like when they speaking, because they focus a lot

• I think that Rocky didn’t give up because he liked boxing. And he have practiced and trained for many years. He prepared for this match for a long time and he also want to show the world and the people he can do it! He can win the match as long as he dosen’t give it up. By watching the show I learned that if we really want to do something and you already start it. You can’t give up. You need to give yourself a try and show to yourself you can get your goal. It also taught me that if you work hard you could do anything, as long as you didn’t give up. So that if I work hard, I can go to the college. Don’t be afraid of the problems because as you are solving the problems, at the same time you are building your future as well.

• I like that girl the girlfriend of rocky.I like her acting.I like she leave her home for rocky.She love rocky to much.I also like the acting of her brother he act like a real drinkar he always fight with his sister.The most interesting part was when her brother throw the turkey outside from the window.i like the dance of the champion and also his songs.

• ami me gusto mucho por que las personas auctuaron muy bien, me encanto como cantavan y actuava cada uno de ellos todos isieron una exelente actuacion..

• Rocky the Musical was an excellent performance, it really felt inspiring and at the same time exciting. The story itself is very inspiring especially for people unfamiliar to Rocky and is very nostalgic to viewers who have seen any of the Rocky movies in the past.if you keep doing boxing practice you can be a great person

• me gusto estava muy bueno porque actuaron personajes parecidos a los reales y eran profesional…………………………

• I really like this show because I thought that only they are going to fight all the show and sing a little bit but I really was impressed because during the show I like the mixture of all parts like dialogue,monologue,dance,song,montage.The montages it was very amazing because it was looked like I was inside :D .The most interesting part for me was when Rocky was fighting It looked like very real and I liked this because the scenario come for everybody because during the fight the scenario of fighting go down and everybody could see very good the fight

• I liked the creative is very important for me is when I fight and I beat Rocki was very exciting to see that and I would like to see more works like this Was Fab

• OK THEATER WAS AMAZING AS THIS MEANS THAT WAS REAL PRETTY LIKE ME EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT YOUR CAREER LINES ONLY ACTED WITH ME IN THAT SCENARIO WAS PRESSED LUXURY CHANGES FOR EACH PART OF THE THEATER INSTALLATION WAS PERFECT LIKE ME AS WORKED TOGETHER TEAM GETTING A GOOD RESULT FOR MY LEFT THEATRE AMAZED

• la película me pareció muy bien por que los actores actuaron muy bien son muy profesionales pude ver que también cantaban cuando actuaban me gusto la película pero no la pude entender por que no se mucho ingles fue muy bonito ver una película en vivo fue algo increíble ver una película la película también me gusto fue muy bonito

• Content is educate people, people’s sense of self-confidence, I feel very, very good this drama, amazing, people very moved, let people see that this is a struggle to dream away a drama, people even dream of it difficult to achieve, as long as you go hard, always a reality one day.

• Me gusto mucho la obra musical por que estuvo bien cordinada bien echa todo bien me gusto bastante la disfrute mucho.

• I think Rocky not give up because he loves the sport, like boxing movie Real Steel, the actor will never forget never give up the professional sports boxer, Rocky, I think that it is unwilling to give up their love is love and war, is the same as an iron man, and finally he won the other half of his life and his lover.

• Rocky doesn’t give up because he really worked hard for the boxing match and he don’t want to waste all of his hard working so fast. So, he keep on doing what he was suppose and never quit. Not quitting makes you to success. You have to believe in yourself and what you can do so, never quit. It also teaches us that if you work hard you could do anything and all you need is to never quit :)

• Rocky doesn’t give up because he really worked hard for the boxing match and he don’t want to waste all of his hard working so fast. So, he keep on doing what he was suppose and never quit. Not quitting makes you to success. You have to believe in yourself and what you can do so, never quit. It also teaches us that if you work hard you could do anything and all you need is to never quit.

• Rocky never give up because he love boxing thats his life and it was very interesting how they talk how the fighting and he really is a professional and i really like it , i loved it how the performence and it was really funny sometimes . I really like Rocky how he performence and he dream to be a professional boxer and he really made it he fight because thats what he loved it he is so good at fighting .

• Sporty Plays are always enjoyable to watch. This kind of plays are always with suspense.
    The audience are always curious of finding what will happen next.
    We can see the proudness when we see such plays.
    The play Rocky inspired and motivated a lot of people.
    I want to thank all the crew of the play Rocky for gifting us students a beautiful play.

• The Rocky played pretty good, very lively and full of character color, like a hero to me very deep feelings

• Rocky supo como actuar fue un show increíble y fue muy interesante y me entreneni mucho viendo como actuan discutian y todo eso .

• Everything there was very professional, and everything too was look like real.
    I would go again because that was very interesting for me because let me think about how i can give all of me and get some thing.

• Rocky was a very interesting musical and impressed me a lot because I thought that was just talk boxing or wrestling but apparently there was some romance and it made the music more interesting part of the songs that were many and gladly.Rocky fue un musical muy interesante y me impresiono mucho por que pensaba que solo iba hablar de boxeo o lucha pero al parecer había algo de romance y eso hizo mas interesante el musical en parte de las canciones que había muchas y me gusto mucho.

• Rocky the Musical was an excellent performance, it really felt inspiring and at the same time exciting. The story itself is very inspiring especially for people unfamiliar to Rocky and is very nostalgic to viewers who have seen any of the Rocky movies in the past. During the performance I was very excited because I would get to see Rocky again, but this time it’s a musical and not just a movie screen. The performance also introduced something new at the very end when the stage transformed into a live fight between Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed which just amped up the satisfaction I felt even more. All in all, it was an incredibly amazing experience.

• i like rocky musical because i learned some thing form their for example if i am like rocky how to other people talk or emotion.

• I liked very much this play, the story had something different but special from the movies. And then the blood effect in the final fight was just amazing! I really enjoyed it. :D

• El musica me parecio muy bueno en especial
    la parte en la que pelea Rocki y Apolo estava muy buena la pelea me encanto.

• el musical me parecio muy bueno porque era muy interesante pero me gusto mas la parte de la pelea cuando sacaron el rin hasta las sillas de los espectadores

• Were you in the center aisle? because in my experience the people in the first three rows of the center aisle were moved to seats that were on-stage viewing the fight between Apollo and Rocky.