My name is Patrick Berger and I'm the Editor of PXP, a project of tdf.
I want to introduce you to PXP, a resource for all young theatregoers (and hopefully that includes your students).
PXP 's goal is two fold:
1) to help remove all the perceived and actual barriers to theatergoing for young people, and
2) build a community of young people interested in theatre as both audience members and artists.
What is PXP?
The specifics, now:
- POSTs - where young audience members reflect on and narrate their theatergoing experience.
- TICKETS - PXP lists the lowest price available to young theatergoers for all Broadway, Off Broadway, off-Off, High School, College and Dance.
- FAQs - PXP's staff writers share theatergoing expectations and helpful hints.
- OPPORTUNITIES - PXP lists programs, internships, classes and more that are available to young people interested in getting more into theater.
- We also love to communicate -- with weekly emails, monthly emails, AND twitter, facebook and instagram love daily. So sign up.
PXP continues to grow.
This fall we are expanding our opportunities & ticketing sections to include advice vlogs, plus young artist interviews and more!
How can you engage, as a teacher?
- Please share PXP with your students - both the resources involves, and also the many pieces of student writing.
- Your students can submit a POST for publication. If you are wondering the guidelines for a POST, check out this page. We have a helpful animation there.
- This one is important - If you and your students are working on a production or will be, we would LOVE to have one of your students reflect on that creative process. Also, we would love to send a writer to experience that work and write about it. But first, we have to know about it. Email us at email@example.com to let us know.
If you want something to give to your students, drop us an email (with how many students you have as well as your address) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you our handy PXP info brochure.
So if you want to contact us for any of those reason, or have any questions or any comments...
we welcome them all at:
We hope to hear from you soon!